As the many of us who are fortunate to call Orange County home know, we live in a beautiful spot. We may pay for it in terms of home prices, but I think we get our money back when it comes to gorgeous weather, a healthy lifestyle and lovely people! As I keep saying, home prices in Orange County are only going up. If you are considering moving to Orange County or moving around inside the County, do not delay!
The high cost of living in Orange COunty is recognized across the country. In fact, when Forbes recently released their annual list “America’s Most Expensive ZIP Codes”, several Orange County ZIPs made the top 500! Five O.C. zip codes – Newport Coast, Laguna Beach, Corona Del Mar and two Newport Beach ZIPs – made the top 100 list and 17 Orange County ZIPs made the top 500.
However, Orange County is not the only expensive place to live. Not surprisingly, New York City tops the list. And of course, a few Northern California gems of cities are also present in the top 10!
The top 10 priciest ZIP codes in the U.S.:
- 1. New York, N.Y. ZIP: 10065, $6,534,430
- 2. Alpine, N.J. ZIP: 07620, $5,745,038
- 3. Atheron, Calif. ZIP: 94027, $4,897,864
- 4. Sagaponack, N.Y. ZIP: 11962, $4,180,385
- 5. Hillsborough, Calif. ZIP: 94010, $4,127,250
- 6. New York, N.Y. ZIP: 10014, $4,116,506
- 7. Los Altos Hills, Calif. ZIP: 94022, $4,016,050
- 8. New York, N.Y. ZIP: 10021, $3,980,829
- 9. Rolling Hills, Calif. ZIP: 90274, $3,972,500
- 10. New York, N.Y. ZIP: 10075, $3,885,409
Want to know about your own backyard? Here’s how Orange County ZIPs stack up in the national top 500:
|Rank||City||ZIP||Median home price||Avg. day on mkt.|
|52||Corona Del Mar||92625||$2,153,627||142|
|344||Coto De Caza||92679||$828,267||147|
|422||San Juan Capo||92675||$705,390||142|