The holidays are upon us and the winter season is right around the corner. For sellers, many think that this is not a good time to have your home on the market, however, contrary to popular belief the winter months are actually an ideal time to list your home.
Here are 6 reasons why:
1. While there may be less buyers out there, people who look for a home in winter are serious, they are ready to buy!
2. There are fewer homes for buyers to look at which means less competition for you. Less competition equals more money!
3. In Spring, the supply of listings increases which lowers the demand for your home. More competition equals less money!
4. Mortgage rates are still incredibly low. Experts predict them to raise by Spring.
5. Cozy homes show better in Winter! Leave the fireplace on, furry blankets on the couch, candles and create a warming environment.
6. Relocations are a year-round process. January is the biggest month for relocation!
Sellers who stick out the market through the winter significantly increase their chances of selling! If you are on the fence about listing in Winter or waiting until Spring, don’t! Call me today, together lets take advantage of this time of low inventory and get your home sold for top dollar!